Frequently Asked Questions
SkyTab is a cutting-edge pay-at-the-table solution that combines state-of-the-art hardware with simple and intuitive software to deliver an exceptional experience for both restaurant servers and customers. SkyTab is fully integrated with the POS system for seamless operation.
- View a list of all restaurant checks or filter by server
- View check details
- Reorder existing items from the check (full ordering functionality coming soon)
- Guest-facing pay-at-the-table
- Pay in full or split payment
- Add tips
- Customer satisfaction survey with immediate manager notifications to facilitate guest engagement and avoid negative online reviews
- Customer email addresses are automatically added to your customer database in Lighthouse to allow for the easy creation of marketing campaigns.
- Increase operational efficiency – Serve customers and turn tables faster by eliminating the need for your servers to walk back and forth to the POS system.
- Improve your online reputation – Prompt customers to rate their experience and alert management when a patron isn’t satisfied.
- Build your marketing database – Collect customer email addresses to populate your marketing database and increase repeat business.
- Secure your payments – By utilizing EMV chip technology in combination with point-to-point encryption, you can ensure your payment data is protected.
SkyTab supports EMV chip cards, NFC contactless cards, traditional swiped card transactions, and NFC mobile wallets including Apple Pay, Google Pay, Samsung Pay and more.
SkyTab is fully integrated with the Lighthouse Business Management System, and that is where you can adjust various SkyTab settings. Adjustable settings include:
- Business logo
- Default tip percentages
- Manager alert threshold for customer ratings
- Manager phone number and email for rating alerts
- Additional customer information fields
- Ability to split payments
Yes – SkyTab supports 4G connectivity for areas outside Wi-Fi coverage, including for delivery drivers, outside dining areas, and other scenarios. 4G requires the addition of a compatible SIM card.
We recommend that you recharge your SkyTab devices daily, although they should hold a charge longer than that.
Yes, all settings can be adjusted in Lighthouse.
Yes, branding customization can be updated Lighthouse.
Your SkyTab devices must be powered down to receive software updates, so we recommend shutting them o each night or at least once a week to ensure your software is up to date.